• Alfaris N, Minnick A, Hong P, and Wadden TA. “A Review of Commercial and Proprietary Weight Loss Programs”. Lifestyle Medicine--Manual for Clinical Practice. Jeffrey I. Mechanick and Robert F.Kushner. Springer.2016.
• Chao AM, Wadden TA, Pearl RL, Alamuddin N, Leonard SM, Bakizada ZM, Pinkasavage E, Gruber KA, Walsh OA, Berkowitz RI, Alfaris N, Tronieri JS. A randomized controlled trial of lorcaserin and lifestyle counselling for weight loss maintenance: changes in emotion and stress related eating, food cravings and appetite. Clin Obes. 2018 Sep 17.
• Ahmad N, Alfaris N. Is VLCD the answer for weight loss and remission of Type 2 Diabetes? Resurrection of an age-old question in primary care. Accepted for publication at The Lancet. August 2018.
• Tronieri JS, Wadden TA, Alfaris N, Chao AM, Alamuddin N, Berkowitz RI, Pearl RL. ”Last supper” predicts greater weight loss early in obesity treatment, but not enough to offset initial gains. Front Psychol. 2018 Aug 2;9:1335.
• Chao AM, Wadden TA, Tronieri JS, Pearl RL, Alamuddin N, Bakizada ZM, Pinkasavage E, Leonard SM, Alfaris N, Berkowitz RI. Effect of addictive-like eating behaviours on weight loss with behavioral obesity treatment. J Behav Med. 2018 July.
• Pearl RL, Wadden TA, Tronieri JS, Berkowitz RI, Chao AM, Alamuddin N, Leonard SM, Carvajal R, Bakizada ZM, Pinkasavage E, Gruber KA, Walsh OA, Alfaris N. Short- and Long-Term Changes in Health-Related Quality of Life with Weight Loss: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial. Obesity. 2018 Jun;26(6):985-991
• Tronieri JS, Wadden TA, Berkowitz RI, Chao AI, Pearl RL, Alamuddin N, Leonard SM, Carvajal R, Bakizada ZM, Pinkasavage E, Gruber KA, Walsh OA, and Alfaris N. A Randomized Trial of Lorcaserin and Lifestyle Counseling for Maintaining Weight Loss Achieved with a Low-Calorie Diet. Obesity, 2018 Feb;26(2):299-309
• Tronieri JS, Alfaris N, Chao AM et al. Lorcaserin plus lifestyle modification for weight loss maintenance: Rationale and design for a randomized controlled trial. Contemp Clin Trials. 2017 Aug;59:105-112
• Pearl RM, Wadden TA, Hopkins CM, Alfaris N et al. Association Between Weight Bias Internalization and Metabolic Syndrome Among Treatment-Seeking Individuals with Obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2017 Feb;25(2):317-322.
• Stanford FC, Alfaris N, Gomez G et al. The utility of weight loss medications after bariatric surgery for weight regain or inadequate weight loss: A multi-center study. Accepted for publication. Surg Obes Relat Dis.October 2016.
• Alfaris N, Kyle T, Nadai J, and Stanford F. A New Era of Addiction Treatment Amplifies the Stigma of Disease and Treatment for Individuals with Obesity. Int J Obes, 2016 Sep;40(9):1335-6..
• Stanford FC, Alfaris N, and Madhusmita M. Metformin verus Placebo in Obese Pregnant Women without Diabetes Mellitus. NEJM, 2016 Jun 23;374(25):2501
• Alfaris N, Minnick AM, Hopkins CM et al. Combination Phentermine and Topiramate Extended Release in the Management of Obesity. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2015 Jun;16(8):1263-74
• Alfaris N, Wadden T, Sarwar D et al. Effects of a Tow-Year Behavioral Weight Loss Intervention on Sleep and Mood in Obese Individuals Treated in Primary Care Practice. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015 Mar;23(3):558-64.
• Alfaris N. Irwig M. Autoimmune Thyroid Disease and Sjogren’s Syndrome. J Clin Rheumatol. 2010 Apr;16(3):146-7.