KSHC scope of services:
King Salman Heart center provides tertiary health care for adult or pediatric patients with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases.
- Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery: The center offers open heart surgery for coronary bypass grafting, cardiac valve repairs or replacements, adult congenital heart defect repairs and repairs of the ascending aorta with dilatation or dissection. I addition, Advanced percutaneous or open surgery is available for descending aorta and peripheral vascular diseases. Open thoracic and video-scope assisted surgeries are available
- Adult services: this includes the management of patients with chest pain, acute coronary syndromes, cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure, systemic and pulmonary hypertension, valvular heart diseases, heart disease in pregnancy and preoperative cardiac assessment for non-cardiac surgery.
- Paediatric Services: Congenital heart diseases in the neonate, infants, and children, Congenital valvular diseases such as pulmonary stenosis, Arrhythmias and heart failure in pediatric patients.
KSHC Special services:
KSHC is equipped with highly qualified medical and surgical staff and advanced medical tools and technology to deliver special surgical and non-surgical procedures such as:
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) procedure.
- Transcatheter mitral valve implantation and mitral valve balloon valvuloplasty.
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (endoscopic cardiac surgery).
- Transcatheter intervention in adult or pediatric congenital heart disease.
- Percutaneous intervention in the dilated aorta.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for acute cardiac and lung failure.
- Advanced open or percutaneous vascular surgery.