• Ask question about your health, travel, and medication
• Ask question to see if you might be a risk for Hepatitis, HIV or AIDS
• You should have had a meal or heavy breakfast in the past 3 hours.
• You should have had at least 4-6 hours of sleep.
3. Donor Medical History and Questionnaire:
• Register and check your information in our system
• Check your previous records and determine eligibility
4. Automated Self-Medical Interview:
• Answer the automated Self Medical Interview (SMI)
• Respond to questions and ask for clarification or queries
5. Physical Examination:
• Determine your weight, blood pressure, temperature and pulse
• Take a small sample of blood from your finger to make sure you are not anemic
6. Collection of Blood:
• Arm will be cleaned with antiseptic (tell us if you are allergic to Iodine)
• A new, sterile, disposable collection set will set used to collect your blood.
• Donation time is about 10 minutes.
7. Post-Donation Care & Health Education:
• Refreshments will be given
• Post donation instructions will be given.
• Do not leave the unit until you are asked to.