The Faculty of Medicine at King Fahad Medical City was inaugurated on 21/4/1425 through the Ministerial decree of his Excellency the Minister of Health, No. 66662/10/01.
The first batch of male medical students was received in the academic year 1425/1426 AH. The first batch of female medical students was received in the academic year 1428/1429 AH.
Faculty of Medicine was integrated academically to College of Medicine at King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences by the decision of the Council of Higher Education resolution no. 17/62/1431 during its 62nd meeting on 29/12/1431 (December 5, 2010) approval no. 446/م ب dated on 21/01/1432.
The first batch of graduate (stream II) medical students that accepted by the KSAU-HS was in the academic year 1433/1434.